Indian Forum for Public Diplomacy (IFPD) in collaboration with Global Policy Insights (GPI) is organizing an online workshop course on International Trade and WTO @ 25.
About the Course
The COVID-19 has not only shocked the global economy but set several challenges and impediments to the International Trade order. Several International Economic Organizations predict shrink and downfall in the global economy. India’s share of challenges also comes with its share of opportunities.
It is important to explore these challenges and opportunities in order to ascertain India’s policy priorities and also, its vision for the world.
Therefore, to explore the tenets of India’s trade policy in the post-pandemic world and, to encourage dialogue, debate, and discourse on International Trade, the Indian Forum for Public Diplomacy (IFPD) along with Global Policy Insights (GPI) initiates a workshop on “International Trade and WTO @ 25 – Assessing Geopolitics, Economy and Trade Policy of India in the post COVID- 19 World.”
The time schedule is here.
About Indian Forum for Public Diplomacy (IFPD)
Indian Forum for Public Diplomacy (IFPD) is a student-run non-partisan, not-for-profit think tank established by students from all over India with the aim of aiding foreign policy thinking through young academia. In an era in which Foreign Policy has to be rooted in the landscape of people, diplomacy is no more just a government-to-government engagement.
The idea of Public Diplomacy advocates the engagement of people into a participatory Foreign Policy and reform process. In the age of the 21st century, where global co-operation is sporadic and the consensus is elusive, it is imperative to drive foreign policy and reform through people. The forum hence engages to bring forth initiatives through research, opinion, dialogue, and debate to catalyze global cooperation and enhance Indian Public diplomacy.
About Global Policy Insights (GPI)
Global Policy Insights (GPI) is a Centrist Policy Institute with a vision to equip Governments, Policy Makers, NGPs and diverse actors within the sphere of International Development with the tools required to nurture Good Governance practices and promote sustainable development.
In the presence of a rapidly evolving international political economy, it is crucial for these actors to navigate through dynamic circumstances and adopt comprehensive strategies to stimulate and catalyse inclusive socio-economic growth through local, regional, national and global perspectives. Thus, GPI partners with and serves governments, universities, local and multinational communities, and corporates throughout the world to deliver innovative unions of research, advisory, design, deliberative enquiry, and consulting services.
Overview of the Course
- The Workshop shall be a 6-day event composed of a series of 10-12 lectures, discussions, discourses delivered by experts from the field.
- We also encourage debates between student groups during the course of the workshop.
- Each day shall consist a maximum of 2 sessions in the evenings (Morning and evening on Sunday) on various topics concerning International Trade, Trade Law, Economy, and Trade Relations
- It is mandatory for the participants to fill a feedback form after each session and the minimum requirement of attendance shall be 70%.
- Upon the completion of the workshop, it is mandatory that each candidate shall submit an article or research paper (1200-2000 words) in the areas concerning International Trade and Relations.
- All submissions shall be published on IFPD’s special edition on International Trade and Economy.
- Few selected authors shall be called upon again to undertake research under the guidance of our junior fellows and Board of Advisors and convert their papers into policy proposals which shall be sent to the Ministry of External Affairs/ DGFT or Ministry of Commerce as policy recommendations.
- All the participants shall be provided with a certificate of participation post their submissions for their participation and contribution to the workshop.
Who can opt for this course?
- Students who are pursuing or have complete their Under graduation in Social Sciences, IR, Law, Economics, and any other field with an interest in Trade and WTO Studies.
- Post Graduates pursuing or completed, in any field.
- Recent graduates, post-graduates
Other relevant details
- Please refer to the Brochure, here for the time schedule and list of distinguished speakers.
- As a part of the course, participants shall get an opportunity to lively interaction with the experts, research and get published in our journal and selected candidates shall undertake a project to convert their papers into policy proposals.
- Since there is a high number of applications, the applications shall be reviewed by the board and payments/transactions for the course shall be made upon acceptance.
- Dates for the event: 28th February 2021 to March 06th 2021
- Registration Deadline: 25th February 2021
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/wyWqhPrxbXC39Xyy6
- Course Fee: INR 1000/-
- Due to the high number of applications, the applications will be reviewed by the board and payment shall be made upon acceptance.
E-mail ID: operations.ifpd[at]gmail.com