UNAI and MCN are partnering on the Millenium Fellowship 2021 for undergraduate student leaders who are making a positive impact in the community and advancing the SDG and the principles of UNAI.
About the Organizations
The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is an initiative that aligns institutions of higher education with the United Nations in supporting and contributing to the realization of United Nations goals and mandates, including the promotion and protection of human rights, access to education, sustainability, and conflict resolution.
Millennium Campus Network (MCN), Inc., is a global student network advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. MCN programs convene, challenge, and celebrate student leadership for social impact. It is a global student network addressing humanity’s greatest challenges.
Millennium Fellowship 2021
The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN proudly present the Millennium Fellowship. This program convenes, challenges, and celebrates bold student leadership advancing the Sustainable Development Goals on campus and in communities.
As a Millennium Fellow, you will hone skills, take concrete action, and earn a certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact and MCN. There is no cost for selected students.
Undergraduate leaders should apply as soon as possible (rolling admissions through April 16th, Class of 2021 will run August-December 2021).
The Millennium Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program that happens on your campus. The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are here to elevate your leadership.
More About the Fellowship
- Between admission in August and the conclusion of the program in December 2018, cohorts of Millennium Fellows will convene locally on their respective campuses at least monthly to engage in the leadership development program.
- Fellows will be challenged by Campus Directors to share best practices and take collective action on one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Upon successful completion, each Millennium Fellow will receive recognition of completion for their Millennium Fellowship Project from MCN and UNAI.
- The program will take place on selected campuses worldwide from August 2021 to December 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and eligible students will proceed to the second and final round of the application.
- Certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) and Millennium Campus Network
- Valuable leadership experience
- A network of worldwide leaders
- Experience in community social change
- Must be an undergraduate student in good academic standing for the duration of the program.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Commit to 10 meetings with your Campus Directors and Fellows over the course of the program.*
- Working or plan to work on a project between August-December 2021 that advances at least one Sustainable Development Goal
*You make a commitment to convene in-person at least eight times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2021 the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action. Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions.
Note: To be eligible for the Millennium Fellowship program, you must be an undergraduate student for the entire duration of the program (Aug 1, 2021 – Dec 1, 2021). Students who graduated (received their certificate) or expect to graduate before December 2021, are not eligible for the program.
- Millennium Fellowship Round 1 application opens: July 16, 2020
- Millennium Fellowship Round 2 application opens: December 16, 2020
- Priority Application Deadline for Fellows: 11:59 PM EST, January 31, 2021
- 2nd Priority Application Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, February 28, 2021
- Final Application Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, April 16, 2021
- All Millennium Fellows and Campus Directors for the Class of 2021 will be selected and informed by this date: August 2021
- Fellowship Launch: August 2021
- Program Entrance Survey and Fellowship Confirmation: To complete before August 30 or before your first Fellowship session.
- Global Town Hall: TBD August-September 2021
- Bi-weekly Meetings: Depending on your semester start date, your Campus Directors will arrange a 2-hour meeting. All campuses meet for a minimum 2 hours every other week for a minimum of 6 sessions. These meetings will take place on your campus between August-December on a date and time you decide together.
- Graduation: November 2021 (TBD)
- End-of-Program Evaluation: Submit your materials by November 30, 2021.
Early Applications strongly encouraged.
Second Priority Deadline: February 28 (Final Deadline: April 16)
- Ideas/Questions: fellowship[at]mcnpartners.org or by Facebook message
- Complaints: complaints[at]mcnpartners.org