About the Opportunity
Online applications are invited from eligible Advocates to fill up 98 vacancies i.e. 87 current vacancies (SC-18, ST-01, OBC-23 and Unreserved-45) + 11 unfilled vacancies of reserved category of the recruitment year 2009 (SC-07 and OBC-04) in pursuance of the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court passed in Civil Appeal Nos. 1956-1957 Of 2015 – Nawal Kishore Mishra & Others Vs. High Court of Judicature at Allahabad through its Registrar General & Ors., of Direct Recruitment to Uttar Pradesh Higher Judicial Service-2020, in the Pay Scale of Rs. 51550- 1230-58930-1380-63070.
Breakup of Vacancies
- 87 current vacancies (SC-18, ST-01, OBC-23, and Unreserved-45)
- 11 unfilled vacancies of reserved category of the recruitment year 2009 (SC-07 and OBC-04)
- A candidate must be an Advocate of not less than 07 years’ continuous practice as an Advocate on the last date fixed for the submission of application forms.*
- A candidate must have attained the age of 35 years and must not have attained the age of 45 years as of 01.01.2021, i.e. the candidate must have been born on or after 02.01.1976 and not later than 01.01.1986.
(i) An Advocate must possess a period of 07 years’ continuous practice as on the last date fixed for submission of the application form.
(ii) Prosecuting Officers/Assistant Prosecuting Officers are treated to be an Advocate and are eligible as per the Judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 561 of 2013- Deepak Agarwal Vs. Keshav Kaushik & Others.
- General/OBC candidates: Rs.1250
- S.C./S.T. candidates belonging to the State of UP: Rs. 1000
- All the candidates belonging to States other than UP: Rs.1250
How to Apply?
- The application shall be filled online from 20th January 2021 to 19th February 2021 till 23:59 hours after which the link will be disabled.
- The hard copy of the online submitted application forms may be downloaded/printed up to 22nd February 2021 till 23:59 hours
In addition to submission of online application, the downloaded hard copy of the application form along with requisite documents, as mentioned in the instructions are to be submitted as follows:
- The Advocates practicing within the State of UP: Before the District & Sessions Judge of the District or the Registrar General, High Court Allahabad or the Senior Registrar, Lucknow Bench, Lucknow, as the case may be, after obtaining requisite forwarding on or before 27th February 2021.
- The Advocates practicing outside the State of UP: The candidates shall obtain requisite forwarding by the District and Sessions Judge of the District Registrar General/Registrar of the High Courts/Secretary-General of the Supreme Court, as the case may be.
- Duly filled in and forwarded application forms are to be sent directly by the candidate through Registered Post Courier to
The Registrar (J),
(Selection & Appointment/Seniority),
High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, so as to reach on or before 08th March 2021.
- Preliminary Examination: The tentative date of Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) is 04th April 2021 (Sunday) and
- The same will be held at Prayagraj and
- Only candidates shall be called to appear in the Main Written Examination who secure 45% or more marks in the Preliminary Examination, provided that candidates not more than 20 times the number of vacancies category-wise i.e. separately for General, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes shall be admitted to the Main Written Examination.