NLU-Jodhpur’s Journal of Intellectual Property Studies (JIPS) is inviting submissions by a ‘Call for Papers’ on Intellectual Property Law.
About the Journal
The Journal of Intellectual Property Studies is a bi-annual, student-run academic journal published by National Law University, Jodhpur. The Journal was established in 2016 and primarily deals with contemporary developments in the field of intellectual property and related laws.
Call for Papers
The Board of Editors of the Journal of Intellectual Property Studies [JIPS], published under the aegis of National Law University, Jodhpur is pleased to invite original, unpublished manuscripts for publication in the Summer 2021 issue of the Journal (Volume IV, Issue II) in the form of articles and notes.
The manuscripts must pertain to the field of intellectual property law or to related fields such as media and technology law. The deadline for submission for manuscripts is 21st March 2021.
The Journal subjects all articles to a review process by our student editors prior to publication. The Journal stands by the ideals of open access to scholarly works and it will be published online on an open-access platform for everyone to read and cite freely.
- Manuscripts must conform to the scope and theme of the Journal of Intellectual Property Studies (‘the Journal’). The Journal is dedicated to publishing nationally and internationally relevant content relating to law and policy in intellectual property rights. This includes overlapping areas such as competition laws and technology laws. All submissions must primarily deal with these subject areas.
- All submitted manuscripts shall be original. Any form of plagiarism would lead to immediate rejection of the submission.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously. Once a manuscript has been selected for publication or has been published in the Journal, the author(s) must seek permission from the Editorial Board before publishing it elsewhere. Such permission may or may not be granted at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- The author(s) must inform the Editorial Board if the manuscript has also been submitted to another journal, website or forum. The Editorial Board must be notified immediately if an offer for publication from another journal, website or forum is accepted by the author(s).
- Solicited submissions are guaranteed a right of publication in the Journal subject to quality and content review by the Editorial Board.
- In relation to all disputes, the decision of the Editor-in-Chief shall be final.
- All correspondence must be via e-mail, and should be addressed to the Managing Editor at email@example.com.
- Each manuscript may have up to two authors.
- In case of joint authorship, the author from whom a submission is solicited by the Editorial Board shall intimate the Board of the name, credentials and contact details of the intended co-author.
Citations and References
- All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes.
- The text and citation styles shall conform to the rules prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th edition).
- The body of the manuscripts shall not contain or disclose any information pertaining to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials.
- The Journal accepts the following kinds of submissions –
- Articles – Must extensively and holistically discuss the subject-matter (4000 up to 10,000 words). Articles must be accompanied by an abstract of 250-300 words.
- Case Comment – Critical analysis of significant case laws (up to 5,000 words). Case comments must be accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words
- While authors are required to adhere to the prescribed word limits, departures from the same will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Submissions must be emailed in Word Format (.doc)/(.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject field shall read as follows – “Title of Article/Case Comment_Name of Author(s)”.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
- A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact details.
- An abstract of 250-300 words for articles and 150-200 words for case comments explaining the main idea, the objective of the article/ case comment and the conclusions drawn from it.
- Requests for expedited reviews shall be made via e-mail. The subject for the same must read “Expedited Review_Title of Article/ Case Comment_Name of Author(s).” The Board of Editors shall strive to review such submissions within two weeks of receipt of the manuscript. If an expedited review is not possible, the author(s) shall be intimated of the same.