The IDIA Project was initiated by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer to reach out to the marginalized and under-represented groups, sensitize them to the law as a viable career option and help interested students acquire admission in law schools, which are otherwise increasingly elitist spaces. The hope is that increasing access to legal education would contribute immensely to the empowerment of the marginalized and underprivileged students and the communities they represent. To know more about the project, click here.
About the T&M Team
The Training and Materials Vertical (T&M Team) of IDIA is responsible for the preparation of training-material for IDIA’s trainees to practice with. The Team is inviting applications in the capacity of Members. The work will include preparing:
1. Learning Material
To adapt to the new CLAT pattern that is heavily analytical and comprehension-based, we aim to create extensive material that our trainees can utilize to learn concepts and read faster. This will include creating short explanations in very simple language on the various legal, mathematical, English, logical, and static general knowledge questions that frequent the new pattern. The subject matter will be as per the requirements of the trainees. The explanations can be in the nature of documents, video training, voice notes, or games.
Thus, this project shall enable you to implement unique learning methods in your material to help make the process both fun and informative. Moreover, the new pattern will require original thinking to create comprehension-based questions of 400-500 words per question. If you have a sound grasp of subject areas tested through law entrance examinations and wish to disseminate this knowledge country-wide then please do apply!
2. Mock Tests
Create mock tests in accordance with the new examination pattern. The work would entail:
- Creating mock tests calibrated to different difficulty levels.
- Proof-reading questions and answer keys in pre-existing Mock Tests.
- Administering tests and analyzing test results so as to give detailed, individualized feedback to test-takers.
Over the years, IDIA’s trainees have greatly benefited from regular feedback on their performance. In addition to designing questions, you will have an opportunity to extensively engage with our new platform, code tests, and conduct data analysis using MS Excel. Once again, prior knowledge of these tools is NOT a prerequisite.
Members: Members will be taken for each of the subjects forming part of the CLAT/AILET pattern namely English, Maths, Logical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, and General Knowledge.
While you have the option of applying for more than one subject, it should be made clear that you will ultimately be selected only for one position.
The minimum qualifications for this post are the following:
- The T&M Vertical must be first priority for you. You should be able to spare at least 5-6 hours a week for this work.
- It is essential that you believe in and be committed to IDIA’s cause.
- Good communication skills along with leadership qualities are also a must.
Those interested in applying may fill in the form [Link at the bottom] and prepare a set of 10 questions (as per the new pattern) on their preferred choice of subject. The deadline to fill in the form and submit the assignment is 11:59 P.M. Saturday, 27th February 2021.
The assignments should be uploaded on the above-mentioned google form and kindly name the files you upload as ‘<Your Name>_<Preferred subject>’ (e.g., Piyush Tiwari_Legal Reasoning.docx). Please also email your assignment(s) to trainingandmaterials[at]idialaw.org before the deadline.
Nature of Assignment
- This assignment will essentially entail the preparation of 10 questions on your preferred choice of subject. The questions must be based on CLAT’s new pattern and adherence to the same will be the primary criteria of evaluation.
- For submitting your assignment, prepare a word document containing the set of questions, along with a separate word document having answers accompanied by brief explanations. Each question must have 4 options, as per CLAT’s format, and must follow a uniform numbering format. Refrain from plagiarising questions from other sources. While the passages/excerpts may be the same, the questions have to be original.
- Adherence to the new pattern
- Accuracy of questions
- The originality of the submissions.
- Formatting: Please make sure the questions fall in a uniform numbered list. It is imperative that all questions (as well as their options) under one heading be connected in a single, automatic numbered list.
- Quality of answer explanations.
- Explanations for GK may be based on elaborating facts or providing context to the answer.
Applicants having past experience with similar projects are encouraged to apply, although that is not a strict requirement for selection. Members of regional teams are also encouraged to apply.
Note to the applicants: The CLAT pattern has been changed this year and is heavily analytical and comprehension-based. Hence, we suggest everyone go through the guide to UG CLAT-2020 available here, before starting with the assignments. This will enable you to understand the pattern clearly. The word limit for questions is also given in the above-mentioned guide, conformity with the same is expected and will also be taken into account for evaluation. For illustration purposes, sample questions are available here and here.
All submissions must be completed by 11:59 PM, Saturday, 27th February 2021. Delays will not be condoned, failure to submit a task will lead to the rejection of your application.
Needless to say, each of these projects would require you to maintain a high level of professionalism and meet strict deadlines.
In case of any doubt(s), please feel free to write to Piyush Tiwari (trainingandmaterials[at]idialaw.org).